Monday, March 15, 2010

First Blog ever


My name is Cathie Eaton and I am about to publish my first Blog.

At present, my husband Fred and I are living a happy existence in Malta, NewYork.. but are looking forward to moving to our land in Belize-- whenever that card is dealt... We love it there..no we Really love it there.!! Our 45 acres is located next to the archeological site called El Pilar; our backyard faces Guatemala. We call it SoPilar.

Yes it is Humid..Yes it is hot..yes- my hair looks even worse there than it does in the north...and yes, there are fire ants, tarantulas, and lots of little critteres.

But it is beautiful and spiritual..when we look out over the mountains; all we hear and see is Nature... no planes. no roads , no smokestacks or factories. All we hear is the wind , the rustling of the fronds on the champa and the howler monkeys claiming their territory,
We see the colorful birds and the hawks riding the thermals. The flowers are beyond compare. I have always thought of the woods as the real" church"..this place is a cathedral!!

We have healing plants that provide remedies,..we have foods to consume and trees to provide us shelter..and we are going to continue to add to these treasures and we will share our adventures with those who want to experience them with us.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment